Athersley North Primary School
Freedom of Information
Freedom of Information
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, schools are required to hold a Publication Scheme that is readily available to the public and details the school’s commitment to proactively publish information. Schools must adopt the ICO’s model Publication Scheme in full and without modification
Guide to Information
The Freedom of Information Act (2000) (FOI) requires all schools to produce a register of the types of information it will routinely make available to the public. This guide to information held follows a template approved by the Information Commissioner.
The guide to information held commits our school to:
- Proactively/ routinely publish information which is held by us falling within the “Classes” below (see section 2) in line with this
- Specify the information
- Explain how it will be made available
- Review and update information on a regular basis
- Explain any fees to be charged for the information
- Make this scheme publicly available
- Publish information held by the school that has been requested (unless not appropriate to do so)
- Publish information in a digital form that is capable of being re-used (under FOI Section 19 and the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations (2015))
- Make clear if any information is a relevant copyright work (under FOI Section 19(8)) and the school is the only owner
Classes of Information
There are 7 classes of information we hold:
- Who we are and what we
- What we spend and how we spend
- What our priorities are and how we are
- How we make
- Our policies and
- Lists and
- The services we offer
The classes of information will not generally include:
- Information the disclosure of which is prevented by law, or exempt under the Freedom of Information Act, or is otherwise properly considered to be protected from disclosure.
- Information in draft
- Information that is no longer readily available as it is contained in files that have been placed in archive storage, or is difficult to access for similar
Making information available
Information will generally be provided on our website. Where it is impracticable to make information available this way or when an individual does not wish to access the information by the website, we will indicate how information can be obtained by other means and provide it by those means.
In exceptional circumstances some information may be available only by viewing in person. Where this manner is specified, contact details will be provided. An appointment to view the information will be arranged within a reasonable timescale.
Information will be provided in the language in which it is held or in such other language that is legally required. Where an authority is legally required to translate any information, it will do so.
Obligations under disability and discrimination legislation and any other legislation to provide information in other forms and formats will be adhered to when providing information in accordance with this scheme.
Charges which may be made for information published under this scheme
The purpose of this scheme is to make the greatest amount of information readily available at minimum inconvenience and cost to the public. Charges made by the school for routinely published material will be justified and transparent and kept to a minimum.
Material which is published and accessed on a website will be provided free of charge. Charges may be made for information subject to a charging regime specified by law. Charges may be made to cover our costs such as:
- postage and packaging
- the costs directly incurred as a result of viewing information
Charges may also be made for information provided under this scheme where they are legally authorised, they are in all circumstances (including the general principles of the right of access to information held) justified and are in accordance with a published schedule or schedules of fees which is readily available to you.
Charges may also be made for making datasets (or parts of datasets) that are relevant copyright works available for re-use. These charges will be in accordance with the terms of the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations (2015), where they apply, or with regulations made under FOI Section 11B, or with other statutory powers of the school.
If a charge is to be made, confirmation of the payment due will be given before the information is provided. Payment may be requested prior to provision of the information.
Information held by the school that is not published under this scheme can be requested in writing, when its provision will be considered in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act.