Athersley North Primary School
Fun Facts about Healthy Food for Kids
- Minerals make healthy skin and strong bones and teeth.
- Fiber helps your body digest food. It is found in vegetables, whole grains and fruit.
- Vitamins help your body stay healthy and fight disease. Vitamins are found in fruit and vegetables.
- Fats in milk products, meat and fish help your body build healthy nerves and fight off disease.
- Protein, which is found in meat, milk products, beans and fish, builds muscles and repairs damage.
Healthy Food Vocabulary
- Fuel: material that provides energy. Gasoline is a kind of fuel.
- Energy: Body Strength for doing work
- Digest: break down and use
- Milk products: milk, yogurt, cheese
- Repair: fix
The Eatwell Plate
The eatwell plate highlights the different types of food that make up our diet, and shows the proportions we should eat them in to have a well-balanced and healthy diet.
Click on the button below to go to the NHS choices website for more ideas.
Change For Life
Change for Life
Use the buttons below to find out more about ways to improve the way you eat.